Enjoy an Evening of Music at Jazz Showcase
Posted on Jul 27, 2018 by blogger
Come and enjoy local, national, and international jazz acts in a comfortable and historic setting.
Jazz Showcase is an intimate South Loop venue featuring local, national, and international jazz acts in a comfortable and historic setting. Founded in 1947 by Joe Segal, it is the oldest jazz club in Chicago, and is now owned and operated by Joe’s son, Wayne Segal. The $20 cover charge gets you up close with performers, such as the Grammy-winning bassist Esperanza Spalding and the progressive New Orleans trumpeter Nicholas Payton.
Here's an upcoming schedule of events:
- July 26 through July 29: Shawn Maxwell's New Tomorrow
- July 31: Pianist Yvonne Faddis Stroud Trio
- August 2 through August 5: Eric Schneider Quintet
- August 9 through August 12: Gary Bartz Quartet
- August 13: Saxophonist Greg Fishman and Guitarist / Vocalist Luciano Antonio
Jazz Showcase presents live music seven nights a week, along with a popular 4 p.m. Sunday Matinee geared towards families, offering free admission for kids.